Sunday, January 4, 2015

RAW REWARDS TUESDAY

This first week was terrible!!  
I have some kind of infection I am fighting off and it is giving me the worst sore throat.  However, I have maintained my resolve in changing my diet! I used to be the girl who ate whatever dessert that was put in front of her... without a second thought.  I LOVE SUGARY DESSERTS! However, I am learning more and more about the terrible effects of sugar on the body.  Whether it comes in the form of white bread, pasta or white rice, or in the form of my juice, soda or beloved chocolatey everything.  So, I have decided to eat a vegetable loaded diet, with fruit, whole grains and lean meat and fish.  I will only be drinking lots of water and protein based smoothies (aka almond milk) with whole fruit, not just the juice.  Of COURSE, I will be doing dairy-free (because I am SOOOOOO allergic to it) as with any addiction it is still a battle.  I can't believe how many desserts I used to eat!! Usually 3,4 or 5 sugary treats a day!! I can really feel the withdrawls of eliminating this from my diet!! I'm not going to say that I am going to go completely dessert free for all of 2015, (I hope I will see results a lot faster than that) but I want to at least reach my goal weight of 120lbs before I start eating sugar again!! 
PRAY FOR ME! 
I'm sure that I won't get my goal as quickly as I would like.
This was a delicious lunch I made with a delicious homemade salad dressing:
Lemon Juice
Salt
Pepper
Apple Cider Vinegar
Parsley
Olive Oil
Finely Diced Onion

No comments:

Post a Comment