Monday, January 19, 2015

Food Log

The Week of Successes and Failiures

So I am trying everyday to eliminate sugar, processing chemicals and refined simple carbohydrates.  This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.  Im realizing this is not an overnight, cold turkey kind of switch, but with every green salad and veggie predominant meal I make, a slight step to new and healthy lifestyle direction I take.  I admit, I ate a little more sugar than I should have this week and I never knew there was so many products with chemicals in it, but over all I think my diet improved this week... I really like the saying, 
"If You Can't Read It, Don't Eat It."

Jan. 12th

Seaweed Chips
Apple Strawberry Crisp (Sugar oops!)
something else (I Forgot)

Jan. 13th

Raspberries
Apple Strawberry Crisp (I was in too deep, no turning back now!)
Shrimp
Shrimp Pasta Salad
Corn
Jan. 14th

Raspberries
Cashew Nut Butter Sandwich
with Jelly (Sugar AGAIN!!) Errrr
Salmon Salad

Jan. 15th

Scrambled egg
Green Smoothie
Blueberries
Raspberries
Frijoles w/ Chicken 
Multi-Grain Cracker
Veggieburger on Wheat (ketchup, mayo, mustard)
Shepards Pie (Grassfed Ground beef, peas, carrots, cauliflower, sweet potato)
Bite of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls (We made these from Scratch in our Relief Society Activity)
Half a slice of Homemade Bread (It was White bread, but on a positive note, there were no chemicals or preservatives, which in my book is a major plus!)

Jan. 16th

Blueberries
Green Smoothie
Homemade bread (YUM!)
Bite of Chicken Taco
Veggies
Salmon
Red beans & Rice (This wasn't so healthy, from a box, white rice, lots of chemicals...baby steps)
Salad 
Corn

Jan. 17th

Homemade Bread
Cashewnut Butter
Banana
Chicken
Corn
Potato
Salad
Granola

Jan. 18th

Blueberry Smoothie
Fruit and Nuts
Salad
Green Juice
Green Beans
Salad
Turkey Egg Sandwich
Broccoli
Whole Wheat Pasta and Sauce
Zuccini
YAYYY!! Very Green Day!! I am proud of this day, and my cravings for Chocolate almost beat me this day....


Jan. 19th

Chili
Veggie Patty
Seaweed Snack
Fish Taco
Ovaltine Milk ( This was my BIG Cheat) Chocolate Ovaltine in Almond Milk! YUM!! I did pretty good this week so I gave in to the Ovaltine. 
Salad with Turkey, Nuts, Apples
Apples with Cashewnut Butter

So Things I need to work on is less Dessert, Less White bread...I think i ate a whole Loaf Equivalent:) Yum.  <3 Carbs, and reading more labels so I can avoid foods with chemicals.  I haven't stepped on scale yet, but it will be interesting to see if my efforts have had any affect.  




No comments:

Post a Comment